CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

The King is DEAD!!! = )


Considering that I wasn’t here for the last week, I’ll have to talk about these last few days. When I first heard about the taxes, I almost immediately thought of the taxes that the thirteen colonies had to pay, such as the tea act and stamp act. Like the colonists, I thought the taxes were ridiculous. It was a definite form of injustice. King Coyle was a tyrant, because he was unfair to us and held all power. He also didn’t care much about how much money we had or not. I’m sure that King George the Third was also unfair and careless to the colonists in the thirteen colonies. But, when I think about it, the colonists had it much, much harder than we did. Mainly, because we weren’t in any REAL danger or we didn’t REALLY have to pay with REAL money. I’d bet that if you were against King George the Third during that time, your head might have been chopped off. While we were all going through these ridiculous laws many of us had self-determination to make it through or to revolt against the king. The colonist did so too. For example, the Boston Tea Party was planned and completed. This has been one of the most “interesting” simulations yet.
www.geocities.com

0 comments: