CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 21, 2008

Feedback: JOIN, or DIE



When I look at this picture, I see a snake. But, when I look closer at the letters, I see eight of the first colonies of America. For example, NY stands for New York, and NJ stands for New Jersey. I think the snake is cut up into different parts, because it signifies that the states might be independent, but its still part of a big country. The issue that this political cartoon is about is the colonization of America. Ben Franklin would say that people that didn’t join the colonies of America that they were most likely to be killed or that they would have a hard time surviving, and die. The words, “JOIN, or DIE,” support what I’m suggesting of the cartoonist’s opinion. I don’t really think that the cartoonist needed anymore to make this cartoon more persuasive. He might want to use something else besides a snake though. Overall, his cartoon immediately captured my eye.

0 comments: