CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 15, 2007

Quarter 1

This quarter was a lot of hard work for me, and I’m quite happy with how I did.
There are two pieces in particular that involve the Industrial Revolution and Charlie Chaplin.


A piece that I was proud of was the interview with Charlie Chaplin. I found that I did a good job, because I mentioned a lot of details and answered the questions. I also thought that I used good slang. Here is the first question of the interview:


How and at what age did your acting career really start?

Once when I was five, I had to fill in for my mum when she was ill. I was fourteen, when I appeared as “Billy” the page boy in “Sherlock Holmes.” I started my career as a comedian in Vaudville. In 1910, I was offered to be a featured player in the Fred Karno Repertoire Company. I took the offer. My chums and I were a big hit with American audiences in the Fred Karno troupe. When my troupe returned to America to do a repeat tour, I was offered a motion picture contract.

The rest of my interview you can find at this link: Charlie Chaplin Interview



A piece that I found challenging was the news article that I had to write for the Industrial Revolution Museum. I found it challenging, because I really hadn't written in a news article form before and that I found it hard to write in a neutral and straight forward manner. Here is an excerpt from my news article:

Charlie Chaplin, an actor loved by all, died in his sleep on Christmas day in Vevey, Switzerland. He died in 1877.His cause of death was natural. A few months later, Charlie’s coffin (containing him) was stolen. A few days later, the Chaplin family started receiving ransoms for the return of his body. The family refused.

You can find the rest of my news article at this link: News Article



0 comments: