CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 3, 2008

WWI Poem (rough draft)

I’ve been surviving in this trench for days
Like a rat in an alley.
And like a small child,
I wait impatiently for something.
Some hope.
Some help.

Way back home
is where I think my family waits.
Letters and letters have been sent back
But there haven’t been any replies yet.

When I look up at the sky,
I think of the people who’ve died and suffered.
Yet I can’t help but wonder if
Anyone else watches the sky like I do.

However, when I stare at the barbed wire,
I direct my thoughts to the enemies.
The enemies who’ve been watching us
Like a teacher watched a naughty student.
Their hearts as cold as ice.

I suddenly hear a click,
But show no attention what so ever.
Before I know it, people are sprinting away from me
as if I was a monster.
They start yelling at me with desperate faces.
I show no attention.
Just when I realized what’s happened it’s
Too late

0 comments: