CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 3, 2008

Feedback February 4th


In one of my countries, The Netherlands, it is not compulsory to perform two years of military. Whereas in Thailand, at the age of twenty-one, it is compulsory to perform two years of military service. This isn’t fair, because I also have a dream as well as the other people in my country to have a career. It’s also understandable, because Thailand needs more people to defend their country. If I necessarily HAVE to do this, I would, because I believe in my country.

www.vanderlee.com

2 comments:

Nafeesa said...

Farah!
I completely understand what you say, but when you say "its not fair", what do you mean? Some young citizen of Thailand may want to join the army and defend their homeland. And another question for you, would you consider dropping your Thai nationality so that you wouldn't have to do the military service?

Ju said...

It's interesting to see how you can view two different countries, given the fact that you're half dutch and half thai. But I would have to disagree to the fact that going to the army would go against your career, because if it is compulsory, there must be a law to provide some profit to people who have jobs and must serve the military. Otherwise, it was interesting to see your opinions on the subject ! Good Job =]